Staying in tune with cosmos is an important aspect of how farm at Avondale. We are aware of inter-connectedness of all life, and the impact of all energy on everything. Biodynamic practices and the Biodynamic Calendar keep us in step with cosmic energies so that we can use their influences in the best possible ways.
When it comes to the energies and rhythms of the moon, 2018 is certainly going to be an exceptional year. Many of you would have been aware that January 2018 was a rare Blue Moon month, with two Full Super Moons – and the last on the 31st of January pulling out all stops as a Super Blue Blood Moon!
Here’s summary with links so you can learn more about 2018’s Special Moon Events:
- Super Full Moon: 2 January
- Micro New Moon: 17 January
- Super Blue Blood Moon: 31 January (second Full Moon in single calendar month)
- Black Moon: February (no Full Moon in calendar month)
- Blue Moon: 31 March (second Full Moon in single calendar month)
- Super New Moon: 13 July
- Total Lunar Eclipse visible in Johannesburg on 27 July – 28 July
- Micro Full Moon: 27 July
- Super New Moon: 11 August